Monday, June 8, 2015

Stampin' Celebration! Burlap and Flowers Inspiration

Time for a new Stampin' Celebration Sketch Challenge (SC106)!


I love the colors in this challenge with so many options for inspiration.  I decided to focus on the burlap with the polka dots.  I love this effect!  I also love the orange flowers.


I used Whisper White craft ink and a sponge dauber to add polka dots to burlap ribbon.  The white didn't show up as bright as I wanted so I added some white embossing powder and heat set the powder.  The polka dots were much brighter this way.

Then I made some orange flowers using the petite petal punch.  I punched out 4 flowers and then sprayed the front and back with water.  Then I scrunched the flowers up and stacked them, adding a candy dots brad base to the middle to make the flower.  I added So Saffron candy dots to the center of the brad to help add a little more color. 


I love the stamped burlap.  Will have to see what else I can do with the burlap!

The design team made some beautiful projects.  Hope you find inspiration and play along with us.  



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment