Tuesday, January 6, 2015

An Occasions Butterfly Birthday

I am so excited!  The Stampin' Up! 2015 Occasions Catalog went live yesterday! As usual, the product is beautiful!  Everytime a new catalog comes out I convince myself that I have enough and don;t really need much new stuff.  But then, I open the catalog and I am drawn in!  Everything is usually more beautiful than the next!  The catalog gets worn out before it even goes live. Craziness I tell you!  But, I am happy to be addicted to something that actually calms me and makes me happy with minimal physical side effects (other than a giggle and a sigh here and there)!

Anyway, I needed to make some cards for an upcoming stamp camp and I decided to go to a few sketch challenges for inspiration.  When I saw retrosketches challenge #147 I loved it and wanted to use some new product to play along!



I decided to use the Butterfly Basic stamp set and the Butterflies Thinlits Dies. This stamp set and die set can be purchased as a bundle with a 15% discount on the price!  This sketch was a great way to showcase a few different elements from this set. 



The color combination I used is Mossy Meadow with Tangelo Twist and Lost Lagoon on a background of Whisper White.  I also threw in some gold with gold embossing powder and gold threads pulled from the gold 1/8" ribbon.  I also colored a few basic rhinestones with the dark pumpkin pie blendabilities to add a little bling to the card. 


I just love the font used for the greeting!  Just beautiful!

The Butterfly Basics stamp set has a few different elements that are great for background designs.  I love that this set has a grunge type feel as well.



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment