Monday, December 22, 2014

New Year Inspiration

Hi Everyone, time for another Stampin' Celebration Inspiration Challenge (SC94)!  While the holiday season is very stressful for all, I always look forward to setting time aside to make things to celebrate the holidays.  This months inspiration challenge was perfect for getting me in the mood for New Years!  I felt kind of like when Christmas takes over Thanksgiving, but decided that I had given Christmas a lot of attention the past few weeks, so New Year's deserved a little time as well ;0).


The gold stars made me think of the Stampin' Up! Many Merry Stars Simply Created Kit in the 2014 Holiday Supplement catalog.  The kit makes 25 3-D stars, of which 5 of them are gold glittered stars!!  Perfect for this inspiration challenge! 

I wanted to make one of the the 3-D stars see-through so I could hang something inside.  I was going to hang some smaller stars inside but decided on hanging "2015" instead.  I used the Perfect Print Numbers Bigz Die to cut out the numbers from Basic Black cardstock.  Then I used a glue dot to stick the numbers to a piece of window sheet. 

For the star, I found that one of the stars from the Many Merry Stars 3-D kit was the same size as one of the framelit stars.  So I used the side-edges from the Many Merry Stars Kit and I die cut the front and back of the star from window sheets with the star framelit.  To help hide the edges used to stick the side to the front and back stars, I die cut a star frame with gold glitter paper and adhered that to the window sheet stars.



I put together the larger gold 3-D stars and die cut "Happy New Year" from the Perfect Print Alphabet Bigz Die. 

I die cut more stars using the Stars Framelits from the Back to Black Designer Series Paper and used gold baker's twine so I could hang them. 


I thought all of the stars together would make a nice "mobile" hanging from my light fixture in the kitchen. 


I tried a few different ways of taking pictures of the stars hanging from the light fixture.  My children had fun "helping" me with this project.   


When holding up a white board didn't work out well, can you see them getting in the picture from behind the couch too??  At least they turned off the TV so I can try the photo shoot without the TV on in the background.

This one turned out ok, still a little dark, but at least you can see the stars.  

While I had the star framelits out I decided to make festive drink decorations!


And finally, one of the first items I bought from the 2015 Occasions Catalog which goes on sale January 6th was a new die called the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Die!  I was so excited to get this die and it worked out perfect for my New Year's Themed party decorations!  I used the die on some paper from the Black to Basic DSP set and added some gold embellishments, including a gold glitter star!

The greeting was made using the Making Spirits Bright stamp set in the 2014 Holiday Catalog (only available for a few more days!).  I used gold foil paper and basic black paper to make the curls and added some gold sequin ribbon for embellishments.


So, I think I am set for New Years's now!  Now I just have to get through Christmas ;0).

I wish everyone a safe and happy holiday season!  Hope you have time to play along with the challenge, can't wait to see what you create! 


Stampin' Up! Supplies Used:
Many Merry Stars Simply Created KitStars Framelits DiesPerfect Print Numbers Bigz Die by Stampin' Up!Perfect Print Alphabet Bigz Die by Stampin' Up!Gold Glimmer Paper
Back To Black Designer Series Paper by Stampin' Up!Making Spirits Bright Wood-mount Stamp SetSilver Foil Sheets Gold Sequin Trim

3 comments:

  1. WOW, SUPER Cool!!! I hope you dont mind if I post this on FACEBOOK, AWESOME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I love how you've turned these supplies into something extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool all what you made the hanging for your lamp in the kitchen looks like you are ready for 2015 and Love your drink decoration too..woooww you are so creative...Wendi where are you come from..my friend named Windi she come from Indonesia like me :)..love what you made here..I know the stampin celebration challenge from Kimberly and will join again and again...cool challenge...hugs, Monika in Germany

    ReplyDelete