Monday, October 27, 2014

I Love You Floral Bouquet

It's time for another Stampin' Celebration inspiration challenge (SC90).  This challenge was a nice change from the autumn and Christmas hues I am currently working with to prepare for the holidays.  While this is my favorite time of year, I also like the change in pace!


For this challenge the aqua jars and delicate flowers stood out at me.  I immediately wanted to create this scene.  My friend and I were looking at pinterest and have fallen in love with the aqua mason jars.  She may be getting married and would love a country wedding using these jars as vases for the tables.  So when I saw the inspiration challenge I was excited to make this scene!

To make the mason jar I decided to use the apothecary accents framelits to make the jar.  It was the closest shape to the actual mason jar.  I used pool party ink and sponged vellum cardstock to get the aqua color.  Then I handcut the apothecary accent image to get the vase shape.

The flowers are from the Stippled Blossom stamp set.  I used the smaller rose images and stamped with pink pirouette and blushing bride and crisp cantaloupe and calypso coral.  To reduce the effect of the darker colors I stamped off the ink before stamping onto the light background.  It certainly helped make the lighter color show through.

The leaves are pear pizzazz and garden green.

All of the flowers and leaves were fussy cut and adhered to the card front with glue and dimensionals.  

I just hand drew the stems of the flowers.

The greeting is from Good Greetings, a special stamp set being offered through the end of October to any hostess with a $300 order.  I love this set!  Such great greetings and I love the handwritten effect.  My handwriting is like chicken scratch so I love taking advantage of others beautiful writing skills.

Can't wait to see what you create!

No comments:

Post a Comment