Sunday, July 20, 2014

Amazing Birthday

I am really dreading how fast this summer is going.  I have a few August birthdays so I decided it was time to try to stay ahead of the game before the back-to-school frenzy starts!  Less than 4 weeks to go!

I saw the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches #145 and decided to use it to make a birthday card for my Dad.



I also incorporated some elements I saw during my countless hours on Pinterest this summer!  I was beginning to feel that I spent more time looking at crafty things rather than making them so I was glad to be able to incorporate something I saw!


For this card I used the Flashback DSP as my background and pulled the color scheme into the card, Smoky Slate, Real Red, Pool Party and Crushed Curry.  The greeting is from the Amazing Birthday stamp set.  I stamped it in Pool Party, Crushed Curry and Real Red.  The Real Red and Crushed Curry elements of the greeting were just fussy cut and glued on top of the Pool Party stamped image.  I could have used markers but I thought this would provide a crisper image.

The gray background is Basic Gray cardstock embossed with the triangle embossing folder.  I wanted to use a darker gray than the smoky slate to bring out the greeting.

The candle is just rolled up DSP (this was something I saw on Pinterest and wanted to try!).  The flame of the candle is the wing from the Builder Bird Punch.  I added Crushed Curry chevron ribbon and Real Red 1/8" taffeta ribbon for accent.

I hope the candle doesn't get crushed in the mail.  I may have to add a little foam when I mail it to prevent the crushing!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Eep! What a fun birthday card and take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE! I love the cool colours in this DSP - they really are fun. The addition of the candle is the perfect touch too! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete