Thursday, May 1, 2014

Nautical Card and Invites

This months Stampin Celebration Inspiration Challenge #78 happened to be something I had been working with lately so I was a bit excited to design a card for this challenge!


For the card I designed for this challenge I used a few different techniques.  I like the striped look with nautical so I decided to use the striped embossing folder. I cut strips of Midnight Muse cardstock in quarter of an inch strips and glued them in the valleys of the embossed background.

The anchor was cut using My Digitial Studio (anchor from Anchors Away Stamp Brush Set) and my e-cutter.   I enlarged the anchor so it became a focal point.  I handcut the flags and the stamp is from Hello, Sailor from the 2014 Occasions catalog.


What I love most about this card is the carrick knot (tutorial is here)!  I saw it one day while perusing pinterest and thought this would be great on a card!  

On a related note, I made invitations for my daughter's 8th grade dance and they happen to match the theme from this months Stampin Celebration Inspiration Challenge!  Since we distributed the invites I can show them.  The dance is in a few days so I will post pictures of the decorations after the dance.

Anyway, here is the card.  I decided I did not want to cut 165 anchors using the e-cutter so I decided to make my own anchor using the Undefined stamp set.  At that time I hadn't carved my own stamp yet so I actually used this one as my test. It turned out a little choppy (I am going to say vintage) but not too bad for my first time.  I was amazed at how easy it was to carve the stamp.  I printed the same anchor from MDS (enlarged) as I used above and used that for my design.  I did fix the anchor a little after I mounted it, so it doesn't quite match the image on the front of the stamp.



Here is the card front on it's own, a little simple, but we had 165 invites to make, so simple was best!


For the inside, I used My Digital Studio to design the invite as well as the RSVP card.  The RSVP card was another find on pinterest.  I used MDS to design the RSVP cards using the Anchors Away Stamp Brush Set.  I was able to get 8 RSVP cards on one sheet of 8.5x11 cardstock which helped conserve cardstock.


I hope you enjoyed the cards.  Can't wait to share the dance decorations!  

Wendi


No comments:

Post a Comment