Monday, May 12, 2014

Blended Butterfly

I am preparing for Stamp Camp on Friday and decided to create a card with the upcoming Blendabilities markers Stampin Up will carry in the new 2014 Catalog.  I am so excited!  I have never used these types of markers before so I am still playing and learning.  But what a beautiful color!!  I love that you don't get the lines like the water-based markers give when the color overlaps.  Beautiful crisp images!

Since it's another busy week with concerts and PTA meetings and other things, I decided to play long with a sketch challenge as I made my cards for my Stamp Camp on Friday.  One of the sketch challenges which caught my eye today was  Mojo Monday #345.


I loved this sketch and thought it would work nicely with the Papillon Potpourri stamps.  I stamped the butterfly image (my favorite one and I think the only one I have used from this stamp set so far!) using the Memento ink pad (an alcohol-based stamp pad).  Then I colored in the butterfly using the coastal cabana blendabilities markers.  I did a few different combinations to change up the 4 butterflies.


For the rest of the card I knew I wanted to use smoky slate and then I thought the Wildflower Meadow embossing folder would be a nice backdrop for the butterflies.  I am sad to see the Core'dinations cardstock retire, so I decided to use some of that for this card to give the flowers depth. The Crisp Cantaloupe banner adds a pop of color for the greeting, stamped in Basic Gray.

I can't wait until Friday's Stamp Camp.  I haven't seen my friends in a while (too busy with the dance planning).

Enjoy your day!



No comments:

Post a Comment