Saturday, March 8, 2014

Zoo Babies

Last weekend my sister's and I went to my Mother and Grandmother's house with our kids to make some blankets to donate to the Linus project.  We made 9 fleece blankets and started 2 quilts!  It was a lot of fun and so nice to spend a few hours talking!  My Grandmother donated the blankets to her Linus chapter and the ladies were so nice, they gave her a standing ovation!  My Grandmother turned 87 last month and so instead of taking her to lunch or dinner, my sister came up with this idea! My 87-year-old Grandmother still volunteers, a lot!  And so this time meant a lot more to her than a night out.  And it was really fun for us as well!



 


Rolling off of this inspiring activity, for this week's Freshly Made Sketch challenge #126, I decided to use Zoo Babies to make a baby card. I guess I was inspired by the fabric we chose for the quilt which had animals on it!  The sketch at Freshly made Sketches really fit the look I was trying to achieve so I was happy to play along!


Here is the card I designed.  It's been a long while since I have had to make a baby card and with 3 people in my department at work pregnant, it was time to get a few of these cards ready anyway!  Perfect timing!


I used the Square Lattice textured embossing folder to emboss the layer with the animals.  I thought it would help give the card a "quilt" look.  The baked brown sugar layer is embossed with Distressed Dots embossing folder (a sale-a-bration item).  


Here is another version of the card, minus the embossing on the top layer but with a ribbon border.

Hope you enjoyed the cards!

Stamp Sets: Zoo Babies, Sweet Essentials, A Dozen Thoughts
Big Shot: Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder, Distressed Dots Textured Embossing Folder
Colors: Coastal Cabana, Pumpkin Pie, Gumball Green, Baked Brown Sugar, Very Vanilla
Accessories: 1/8" pumpkin pie taffeta ribbon, 3/8" coastal cabana ruffle stretch ribbon, Natural 5/8" chevron ribbon (Occasions catalog), 1-1/4" circle punch, 1-3/8" circle punch




1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I love the fun colors and the sweet animals. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete