Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sweet Baby Girl

I was asked by a neighbor to make her a gift bag for a baby shower she is attending.  The theme of the baby shower is tiara's and tutus so she wanted me to create something using that theme.  Challenge accepted!  

Since I was using the Baby Tees wheel recently, I decided pull it out once again for this project!  I planned to make a card and matching gift bag.  For the card I decided to play along with the Stampin' Celebration Mid-Month Sketch Challenge SC76.

 

Here is my card.  I used Whisper White cardstock and embossed the front with the Distressed Dots embossing folder.  The flag is Pink Pirouette and the greeting is from Baby, We've Grown stamp set in the 2014 Occasions catalog.  I stamped the greeting using Strawberry Slush and then filled in the BABY using the Pink Pirouette marker.

For the baby tee I rolled the stamp in VersaMark and heat embossed the tee with white embossing powder.  Then I filled in the polka dots with the white gel pen.


I wasn't sure how to make the tutu since we don't have toile in the Stampin' Up repertoire of accessories.  However, I was making flowers from the creped filter paper recently (another project to be posted soon), so I decided to see how the crepe paper would work as a tutu.  It worked great!!For the tutu, I punched a few flowers out of the creped filter paper using the Petite Petals punch from the 2014 Occasions Catalog.  I put a few glue dots on the baby tee and then used my Paper-Piercing Tool (with the black cover on) to apply the flowers to the tee.  I love the way they turned out!!

For the gift bag I followed a similar theme as the card.  I covered a kraft paper bag with Strawberry Slush DSP.  The tiara is from My Digital Studio Topsy Turvy Celebration Stamp Brush Set.  I enlarged the tiara and then cut it out with the e-cutter.


This was a last minute project for this weekend and I am so happy with how it turned out!  I can't wait to give it to my neighbor for her party.

Colors: Strawberry Slush, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette
Stamp Sets: Baby, We've Grown
Big Shot: Distress Dots embossing folder
My Digital Studio: Topsy Turvy Celebration Stamp Brush Set
Accessories: 3/8" Strawberry Slush Ruffle Stretch Trim, 5/8" Organza Ribbon, Basic Rhinestones, Creped Filter Paper, Petite Petals Punch, White Embossing Powder and Heat Tool, Quatrefancy Specialty DSP, In Color 2013-2015 DSP


3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable!! I love the colors and that little tutu is precious!! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Cori. She took the words right out of my mouth! Your card is perfect... I MUST try that! Thanks so much for playing along at Stampin' Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, these are so stinkin' cute! Thank you for joining us at Stampin' Celebration!

    ReplyDelete