Sunday, March 30, 2014

Happy 18th BIrthday tags and card

My oldest niece turned 18 on March 18th.  Yep, another golden birthday!  After seeing how I made her sister's gifts (see post here), she hinted she would enjoy something similar.  So for her birthday I went about with designing something similar and yet unique for her.  

I was going to try to buy items that were in 18-packs.  But I couldn't find 18 items and many were expensive and not quite useful so I decided on making 18 gift tags and wrapping her favorite candy/gum in the Tag a Bag gift bags with a $5 bill.


When I started designing her ensemble I decided to use the Hexagon Hive Thinlits Die.  I thought it would allow me the flexibility to create different designs, while similar, on each tag.  And of course, I had to use the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch. I am so thrilled to have this punch!!  It really made this project go so much faster!


To make the tags I cut cardstock into pieces that were 2" by 4" and then ran them through the big shot using the hexagon hive thinlit.  I saved the inside hexagons and used them to fill in the tags to add a little color.  I used 2-way glue to glue the hexagon hive to whisper white cardstock and then punched the tag with the scalloped tag punch.

For the numbers I used the Morning Post Numbers Stamp Set and punched them using the hexagon punch. 

I used 5 different colors, matching them to the 3/4" chevron ribbon I had on hand.  Pretty simple in that respect! 



 For the card, I followed the same theme.  I raised the hexagon hive image using dimensionals and tucked the contrast hexagons behind the raised image to add color.  I used scraps of ribbon (have a ton of that now) to embellish the card.  



I am not sure it was as much fun to open her gifts since the gifts were all pretty much the same (although getting 18 $5 bills was kind of fun).  I figured it would embarrass her if I bought her underwear like I bought her sister!

Colors: Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Smoky Slate, Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride
Stamp Sets: Morning Post Numbers, Petite Pairs
Big Shot: Hexagon Hive Thinlit
Accessories: Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, Hexagon Punch, 3/4" chevron ribbon in Crushed Curry, Smoky Slate, Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz, and Blushing Bride






No comments:

Post a Comment