Sunday, February 16, 2014

Vintage Form

It has been a while since I used my dress form framelit from the Dress Up Framelit set so I decided to use it to make a vintage-style card.

I knew I wanted to use the burlap and get the look of a real dress-form so I covered a 2" strip of Baked Brown Sugar cardstock with adhesive and adhered burlap to the strip.  Then I ran the strip through the big shot to cut out the dress form.  I wasn't sure the framelit would cut through the whole piece but it did amazingly well.  I had to trim the dress form a little with my snips, but the cut was pretty good.


The background is the Dictionary background stamp.  I lightly inked it with the baked brown sugar stamp pad being sure to leave a few places barely inked up. Then I stamped off and then stamped the image onto Very Vanilla cardstock.  The result was exactly the distressed look I was going for on this background!  I used a few images from the Best of Shelli stamp set, one of the Best of 25 years stamp sets.  

The greeting is from Fabulous Phrases.  I broke down the fibers of the paper with my bone folder and then rolled the ends of the paper on each greeting.  The greeting is tamped in Coastal Cabana and the edges are sponged with Baked Brown Sugar.

For the flower I rolled some Coastal Cabana ribbon into a flower and used a jumbo sticky round to keep the flower shape.

It has been a while since I made a vintage-style card.  It was definitely fun to pull out the stamps for this one.  And not as difficult as I thought it would be!!

Have a great evening!

Stamp sets: Best of Shelli, Dictionary, Fabulous Phrases
Big Shot: Dress Up Framelit Die
Colors: Very Vanilla, Baked Brown Sugar, Coastal Cabana
Accessories: Basic Pearls, Coastal Cabana 3/8" Ruffle Stretch Trim, Jumbo Sticky Round

No comments:

Post a Comment