Monday, January 13, 2014

Sweet 16

My Nephew turned 16 in December and we recently celebrated with him!  I decided to make a movement card similar to what Shelli Gardner, CEO and Cofounder of Stampin' Up!, displayed at Convention this past year.  I loved the idea of this card for someone who turned 16!
Shelli's card

I wanted to change it up a bit so I decided to add two cars.  I had to make the card a little bigger (6x6) so the two cars would not crash!  Here is my card:





Stamp sets: Rev Up the Fun; Gorgeous Grunge
Colors: Cherry Cobbler, Basic Gray, Basic Black, Whisper White, Summer Starfruit
Accessories: Word Window Punch; 1" circle punch; VersaMark; silver embossing powder; Heat tool; lots of dimensionals!

Close up of summer starfruit car - I stamped the car image using versamark and heat embossed with silver embossing powder.  Then I fussy-cut parts of the car out and glued them on the original car to add some depth and dimension.

Cherry cobbler car

I also gave him a wallet (something to put his license in) and of course I had to fill it with some cash (what 16 year old doesn't need money??).  I found a wallet on one of my trips to The Netherlands.  It had a picture from Vincent Van Gogh I thought would suit a 16 year old.  I didn't like the smoking so much, but the artwork was gorgeous ;0).


I had to make a box to go with it.  I decided to make my own box and try to put the car on front.  Instead of using the stamp I turned to MDS and decided to use the combination of MDS and my ecutter to make the car!  Here is the final product.  
I wanted to do more but we were already an hour late for the party because I wanted to make this car!!  Anyway, it inspired me with a few new ideas so I will work on those over the next few weeks!!




No comments:

Post a Comment