Monday, January 20, 2014

Love You

On my way to producing Valentine's Day Cards.  My goal is to send them to my family this year.  We shall see how far I get.  I usually tend to make cards but not mail them.  Hopefully that trend will not continue.

Anyway, I was inspired by the Retro Sketches sketch challenge #97
  

Using the Follow My Heart valentine stamp set from Stampin' Up! and the color challenge from Sunday Stamps color challenge 67 I came up the following card.



The combination of Night of Navy and silver with Strawberry Slush is a great combination for Valentine's Day!  I used VersaMark and the silver embossing powder for the Eiffel Tower.  The detail onthe tower really came through nicely using this technique and the added texture really added to the look of the card.  The "Love You" sentiment is from the Geometrical stamp set in the 2014 Occasions catalog.  It has another sentiment "Cheer Up Buttercup".  Every time I see that sentiment I can't help sing Build Me Up Buttercup by the Temptations ;0).

Enjoy your day!  It's snowing here in Chicago-land.  Great day to spend some time warming my heart with more valentine's day cards for my family and friends!

Stamp Sets: Follow My Heart and Geometrical Stamp sets
Big Shot: Pretty Print Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (from 2013 Holiday Catalog, not currently available).
Colors: Strawberry Slush, Night of Navy, silver, Whisper White
Accessories: In Color 2013-2015 Designer Series Paper, Night of Navy /4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Silver 1/8" ribbon, Strawberry Slush 3/8" Ruffle Stretch Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment