Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Golden Day for my Niece

One of my niece's turned 11 on January 11th, her golden birthday!  So I decided to go all out and make her a special card.  I wanted to make her day even more special so my daughter and I bought 11 items which we could wrap individually with matching tags.

Here is her birthday card:

product list posted at end of post


I decided to use a banner effect for this card.  It was a great way to break out the gorgeous new gold bakers twine from the 2014 Occasions Catalog!  The products from this catalog just went for sale on January 3rd!  I have to say, when I first got a look at this catalog I fell in love with nearly EVERYTHING in it!  Not an unusual event for me, but the excitement definitely rose!!  I couldn't wait to get my hands on the products!!

Anyway, I digress.  For the tags, I decided to use the Chalk Talk framelits and the Watercolor Wonder Washi tape.  It was so fun to use all of the coordinating gold products.  Only wish I had bought the gold vellum to use on this project! Definitely in my shopping cart now!!




I embossed very vanilla Core'dinations Cardstock using the arrows textured impressions embossing folder and then sanded the outlines.  I then cut strips of the arrows and used them as embellishments on each of the tags.
And here is how I wrapped the gifts:
Gold Bakers Twine wrapped a few times around the bags and tied to the tag.

The gift bags are just plain kraft bags from a local craft and hobby store.  To keep the theme on the gift bags, I cut up a tag a bag gift bag and glued the strip to the gift bags.
 I did the same on the bigger bags.  Each chevron tag a bag provided three 2" strips!

Now, I didn't get pictures of gifts 9-11 packaged all nicely by themselves.  I did not have the larger kraft bags at home so after trying 2 stores near home we ended up having to stop to purchase them at a craft and hobby store on the way to the party (added to our tardiness - oh boy!).  Luckily there is a craft and hobby store at the exit for my sister's house ;0).  

So, here is a picture of the birthday girl with all of her goodies!


She really enjoyed the idea of opening 11 gifts which made it even more rewarding for me!  Gifts #2 through #4 were underwear so I think for a while she was a little concerned, but there were no other embarrassing surprises ;0).

Another niece turns 18 on March 18th!  She asked if I would do the same for her birthday ;0).  Guess I better start preparing now!!

Stamp set: Banner Greetings (Hostess set)
Big Shot: Hearts a Flutter Framelits Dies; Chalk Talk Framelit Dies; Arrows Textured impressions embossing folder; Typeset Alphabets Bigz Die
Colors: Very Vanilla; Gold; Core'dinations cardstock in Very Vanilla and sanding block; gold stamp pad
Accessories: Watercolor Wonder Designer Washi Tape; Gold Baker's Twine; Champagne Glimmer Paper; Tag a Bag Gift Bags


No comments:

Post a Comment